About Dr Dennis Orr Surgeon, Youngstown, Ohio
I am a fellowship-trained laparoscopic surgeon. I completed additional training after my general surgery that allowed me to specialize in minimally invasive surgery, advanced endoscopy, & bariatric surgery. Surgery has been demonstrated in multiple studies to be safer with faster recover compared to traditional open surgery with big incisions.
I am a professor of surgery at Northeastern Medical University and Ohio University College of Medicine. I actively work with surgery residents and medical students.
I am happily married and have 3 beautiful daughters. I also am a volunteer wrestling coach with the Canfield high school wrestling team. I was an All-American wrestler for Northwestern College, placing 3rd in the NAIA National wrestling tournament. I enjoy hunting, downhill skiing, rock climbing, dancing, cooking, and attending my daughters’ dance competitions.
- Des Moines University Osteopathic Medical Center 2004
- Fuller Theological Seminary 1999
- Northwestern College 1997
- Canfield high school 1993
Post Doctoral Training
- Indiana University/St. Vincent’s Hospital (Indianapolis,IN): Fellowship Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery and Advanced Endoscopy 2009
- Lutheran Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY): General Surgery Residency
- St. Joseph’s Health Center (Warren, OH): Traditional Rotating Internship
- American Board Osteopathic Surgery
- Society of American Gastrointestinal & Endoscopic Surgeons
- Ohio State Medical Board
- Ohio State Medical Society
“I believe in providing the best quality care to my patients. To me, this means doing the best quality surgery in the least invasive way. It also means connecting with my patients on an emotional level to build a supportive relationship. Finally, I want to encourage my patients to have faith in God that will provide them with a peace that will allow them to walk through the storms in life.”